Summer barbeques are a great way to enjoy warm weather with friends and family, but these gatherings often involve trays of unhealthy desserts and sides that can leave you feeling sluggish. If you're looking for a healthier way to incorporate a little sweetness into your summer, these lemon berry chia pudding parfaits are a delicious, satisfying alternative.
The chia seeds and fresh berries in this dish provide an excellent source of nutrition, plus, this recipe contains Lemon oil, which helps naturally aid the body in digestion.* Do yourself, and your taste buds, a favor and make this sweet treat today.
12 ounces vanilla yogurt
1 cup coconut milk
2 drops Lemon essential oil
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 cups assorted fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.)
¼ cup granola
- In a large bowl whisk yogurt, coconut milk, chia seeds, and Lemon essential oil together.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or until mixture forms into pudding consistency.
- When ready to assemble parfaits, place 1 cup of berries in a separate bowl and mash with a fork.
- To assemble parfaits, place a layer of chia pudding in the bottom of a glass.
- Top with a layer of berry puree followed by 1 tablespoon of granola.
- Repeat layering until glass is full.
- Top with fresh mixed berries.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.