Jumping into the world of essential oils can be overwhelming when there are so many individual oils and blends to choose from. How do you know what you need? The following are some of the most popular doTERRA oils to date, mostly for their wide variety of uses and their appealing scents. We've broken them up into two different categories:
Available in the Introductory Kit, Lavender, Peppermint, and Lemon are the go-to starter essential oils. They’re perfect to start using for common, every-day purposes.
- Lavender. Diffuse a few drops to ease into sleep, add a drop to your moisturizer for a soothing boost, or add to water and tea to ease tense feelings.
- Peppermint. Energize your day by adding it to a diffuser, soothe occasional nausea by taking two drops in water*, and rub into areas of tension on your neck, shoulders, and head.
- Lemon. Drink with water to cleanse your body, give your respiratory system support, and help with digestion.* In addition, add to water in a spray bottle to clean household surfaces.
From the changing seasons and our immune systems, to the health of our skin, and a properly functioning digestive system, who doesn’t need help maintaining a healthy life? Each of the rest of the remaining seven oils on this list helps us do exactly that.
- doTERRA On Guard®. Support and strengthen the immune and respiratory systems from seasonal or environmental threats*, diffuse to purify the air, and to give off an uplifting aroma.
- Wild Orange. Diffuse in the room to uplift your mood when you’re having a bad day and purify the air, support your immune system and add flavor by adding two drops to your beverages.*
- Frankincense. Support your cells with two drops in a veggie capsule*, apply to skin to help with razor bumps and other skin imperfections, and diffuse to add peace, relaxation, and satisfaction to your day.
- doTERRA Breathe®. Maintain feelings of clear breathing by applying to your chest or diffusing into the air, rub into your feet or put into your palms and cup them around your nose to minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree). Add to face wash for skin cleansing benefits, use it in your diffuser to cleanse and freshen the air, and apply to fingernails and toes to keep them looking healthy.
- DigestZen®. Take internally for indigestion and bloating and to ease feelings of queasiness,* or rub on your stomach before a long flight for its calming aroma.
- doTERRA Serenity®. Help calm your emotions and soothe your senses by diffusing or applying to your temples or wrists.
From reading this list, you can see what a wide variety of uses essential oils have, from the daily routines to the more occasional health concerns. As you use essential oils, you’ll probably find that these oils are what you’ll reach for again and again. (And we have barely scratched the surface of everything these oils, and the many other doTERRA oils, can do!)
Keep in mind that every person is different. As you keep learning more about essential oils, you will also find that different essential oils can be just as or even more helpful to you personally. To kick off your continued research, we encourage you to follow the links to each individual oil to find out more about these must-have oils.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.