Adding a personal touch to your presents has never been easier with these aromatherapy salt dough ornaments and gift tags. These ornaments can be given as a wrapping accessory on a present and can then easily be transformed into an ornament for your friends and family to enjoy for many years to come. You can even add essential oils to the ornaments to add some aromatherapy elements. There are multiple ways to decorate, too. You can stamp on an image, paint it, or leave it plain. Either way, your friends and family will love and adore this homemade gift.
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup salt
1 ½ cups warm water
Favorite doTERRA essential oils
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Pour flour, salt, and warm water into large bowl.
- Using your hands, knead until all ingredients are well-incorporated and dough is smooth.
- If mixture is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until dough comes together.
- Roll out dough on floured surface until ¼ inch thick.
- Using cookie cuters, cut out desired shapes and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a drinking straw or toothpick, make a hole in top of ornament for threading string.
- Place in oven until hard, approximately 1 hour.
- Once hard, remove from oven and cool.
- Decorate with paint, string, or glitter. Add essential oils by placing one drop on each ornament and allow it to soak in.
Tip: Add some decoration to your ornaments by stamping them. Just place stamp on ink and carefully place on ornament to transfer design before they dry.
Note: Baking the ornament will turn the dough slightly brown and may "puff" up some of the ornaments. If you prefer, you can also air dry the ornaments for 2–3 days to help the ornaments remain white and flat.